2 year old “weigh ins” with the measuring tape today. Thor and Odin came in at 44 inches, which is off chart but should be 225 or so. Gunnar and Ivar both came in at 43 inches which is off the scale of my tape but translating to 215 on some online charts. Ragnar at 42 inches should be 200, Loki and Nigel about 175 pounds each.

Assuming they continue to grow through this fall, and that payloads are between 15 an 20% of body weight in year 2, total gear and meat capacity ought to be 250-300 pounds.

I’m in the running for at least one quality hunt this year(Muzzleloader elk), but that may be the only one they get to go on. Kinda depends on how the draw and luck on leftovers or reissued licenses goes, not just for me but for wifey and FIL. Haven’t done Wyoming draw yet, but leaning away from doing the backcountry deer hunt this year with it overlapping the good elk license. In for Utah though, and if I’m lucky could end up with something nice there to use with the goats.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter