Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by 16bore
Can't see the logic in 6.5 and 7-08, but you gotta do what you gotta do and eventually one will stand out.

OP,

I am a bit mystified as to why you would want multiple calibers so close in performance unless you just have an urge to buy two rifes. Just pick a caliber and go with it, spend the extra money on components, hunting trips, etc.

Personally I have never been able to tell the difference in recoil between the 308 and 7-08, I have not owned a 6.5 yet but from years of shooting a 260 Rem which virtually duplicates the 6.5 I can tell you that it does recoil a bit less.
Get a T-3 in any of the above calibers and it will work for the scenario outlined in your original post. The nice thing aboiut the T-3 is that everyone I have owned has been "plug and play" - just put a scope on it and go shoot small groups.

drover

Exactly. The current popularity of 140-147 grain bullets in 6.5 Creedmoor makes for very little difference in recoil, when compared to 140 grain 7mm-08 and 150-155 grain 308 loads. As in, when I've shot similar rifles side by side the biggest difference I could detect between the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 308 was in noise level, not recoil.