Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by 16bore
Can't see the logic in 6.5 and 7-08, but you gotta do what you gotta do and eventually one will stand out.

OP,

I am a bit mystified as to why you would want multiple calibers so close in performance unless you just have an urge to buy two rifes. Just pick a caliber and go with it, spend the extra money on components, hunting trips, etc.

Personally I have never been able to tell the difference in recoil between the 308 and 7-08, I have not owned a 6.5 yet but from years of shooting a 260 Rem which virtually duplicates the 6.5 I can tell you that it does recoil a bit less.
Get a T-3 in any of the above calibers and it will work for the scenario outlined in your original post. The nice thing aboiut the T-3 is that everyone I have owned has been "plug and play" - just put a scope on it and go shoot small groups.

drover

Totally agree. Pick one and go hunting/shooting.

Personally, my recent Tikka 6.5CM was so easy- mount a solid scope (LRHS), whip up some reasonably sure loads, and be dialled in to 500M by the end of range session #1- I'd go that route. And likely will be going that route for my wife's new hunting rifle.

T3 6.5CM, SS 6x, solid rings... Like drover said, "plug and play"...

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.