A quick question. Does your family tree ever fork?? Your endless blather i s comical. I almost feel bad for you. As to your post. True there are many poor hunters driving around blazing away. Are you going to try and regulate that? How? Secondly, the shoulder season is about killing cow elk to reduce numbers that are too high. It is not hunting, as we see it, it is population reduction. Culling by another name. There is a distinct difference. There are two choices,have the public do it which I would prefer, or have govt hunters, or private contractors do it. Next, while ranchers don't own the state of montana, for which I am greatful, they do own a fair chunk of it. That is called private property rights, or which I am a strong proponent. You can't tell people how to run their private land. It is none of your business. There are no perfect solutions,and a magic wand can't be waved to fix every thing. For now fwp is trying to use the public as a solution. Time will tell if they are able to do the job.

lets get the beef cows out of the mountains for 25 years and then see if as many elk come down to feed on private property, are you or anyone else sure the elk population is to high ? maybe its the beef population is too high ? yes private property rights are important so is preserving the mountains ,have you ever been in the mountains a mile away from a road ? the land has been abused ,litter,old fences ,no grass left,trees all rub or dead from cows ,dirty muddy water,old beef mineral areas,lots of old cow manure all over and you think elk can survive the winter on what is left after too many cattle have been up there all summer long ? someday in the future this better and needs to change .

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman