Originally Posted by pete53
So Montana has a shoulder season that starts August 15 th runs thru part of next year. how would you as I have to do as a bowhunter sitting in the mountains trying to tag a legal bull or cow and all`s you hear and see is a pickup or two pull up on private ground near a rancher`s alfalfa field,chasin elk with truck, people jump out start shooting their rifles at a herd of elk ,maybe kill a cow or calf ,oh by the way some locals buy more than one tag and that is legal too,have even seen a bull limbed off too. these locals call themselves`s hunters what a joke. its not a shoulder season its a slaughter season for the locals ! this is just wrong and way to early and way to many elk killed too ! but oh boy anyone with a real disability can not use a x-bow in Montana either but its ok to kill up to 3 cow elk per person in August in Montana on private land with your rifle. common sense ? really ? shame on Montana

I've seen this tactic before. Wisconsinite perch fisherpeople and pheasant hunters will do this to shortcut their scouting process in ND (probably other places too). Moan, whine, complain, tell you that everything your state's G&F dept is doing is all wrong, blah, blah, blah.

THIS IS A PLOY!!

The motivation behind this is to find someone gullible enough to "prove them wrong" and give up a honey-hole, or even better (in their eyes) take them hunting to a honey-hole AND show them how to hunt it. If successful, that's now "Their Honey-Hole" and they'll hunt it annually with a dozen or so of their closest friends, and the honey-hole giver-upper won't be invited, thanked, or acknowledged in any way.

Pete53 is looking for a giant sucker.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.