Originally Posted by headwatermike
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Angus1895

If grazing permits reflected true market value, and predator control was not tax payer subsidized, and if the Vikings would ever win a Super Bowl perhaps we could all b happy!

We are missing $10-15k worth of cattle that are hopefully still alive out on the BLM/CMR.

Calves are lighter, higher rate of opens, it's cheaper for a reason but still a deal.

And the Vikings looked like chit last night.

Our home county charges us $1k(?) a year for predator control. It's all private property and we'd have to put in a request which of course we never do.

Donation.

Mike, the buffalo prairie dumbfucks said they were gonna take out all the man made stock dams.

By God turn it back to how it used to be, 100% natural...

Hopefully they thought about that idea a little longer.

We put bird ramps in water tanks. Some enviro group was trying to kick ranchers from BLM--they were defending a rare bat species that were drowning in tanks, as well as a few birds. Funny thing was that everyone who cared knew that without the stock tanks the bats likely wouldn't have been able to live there at all! What will the buffalo people do when they start causing prairie chickens, prairie dogs, and mysterious bats go regionally-extinct?

The work to kick ranchers off of public land is constant and poorly thought-out. What do these clowns think the alternative is to ranches?? One college student had been in the area studying a hawk species and was upset to find so many--he was hoping they would be endangered for the cause. Tough enough that the poor folks I met had to fight the elements, drought, and global markets but they also live in limbo that grazing leases could disappear at any time. When I asked why so few adult children worked the ranches the response was that there is not enough revenue to support their young families. Hard to watch such an incredible culture die on the vine and listen to so many liberals mindlessly cheer their demise. I guess getting to know these ranchers and learn their struggles hit a soft spot; I met two widows that were struggling to run their ranches alone so their grandchildren could someday know their lifestyle. If liberals cared to learn about the culture and people that are endangered they might just want to set up protections for them. Most of them can't seem to see the nose in front of their face, like the owner (from New Jersey) of one motel by the park in Ennis told me, "there's no culture here."

Sorry for the rant.

I've put about an 18" piece of 2x12 in my tanks. No more drown birds.