Originally Posted by pete53
close a mountain area of 50 square miles for 20 years,clean up the rancher`s cow mess`s 1st year, replant those mountains, fix the muddy streams ruined by cows then do 20 years no cows then do this study. the s cow/elk study these Montana biologist did is wrong way> do it like I said no cows for 20 years in mountains 50 sq. miles then show me the stats. your study sounds like RMEF study for the ranchers,guides and big money people with political influence to benefit themselves again,yes and they control Montana fish,game and parks who make the lease agreements in the mountains for cows and cover up any cow problems in the mountains and then give out elk control permits on private property . I got some real nice swamp land for sale too if you believe that crap .

Have you ever actually been in the mountains in Montana?

There are not grazing leases and cows on every square mile in our mountains. I've lived and worked in the Montana mountains since 1975, and the only problem that I've ever seen from cows is the introduction and spread of the weed "hounds tongue".

Specifically, what plants have the cows eliminated that need to be replanted?

What streams are muddy and ruined by cows? I've enjoyed fly fishing in Montana's clear mountain streams for the last 43 years, many of those streams are in areas that have cattle leases.

What proof do you have that RMEF does studies for "ranchers, guides, and big money people"? Like I posted earlier in this thread, I've been friends with the Montana FWP biologist who was in charge with the Wall Cr Wildlife Management Area south of Ennis. His studies WERE NOT influenced by ranchers, guides or big money people.

And finally, grazing leases on National Forest lands are NOT made by Montana FWP, they are made by the US Forest Service.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member