Originally Posted by JamesJr
Back during my "cowboy" days, I used to do a lot of riding and some roping. We were at a big trail ride and there were some girls there from the rodeo team of a nearby college. Several of them were very pretty girls.......with a can of Skoal in the back pocket of their jeans. Talk about a turnoff........it was for me anyway.

Chew among village people is like smoking was back in the day: "it wasn't ladylike". (whatever the means!)

Go out to any village and you'll still find kindergarten kids of either gender with a circle on their jeans from 'the can'.

Wife finally made the break after chewing for 40 years. Been off it a year now. She always thought it was funny to see many men using both hands to make the 'deposit'. She was so adept that she held the can in one hand, raised the lid with thumb and forefinger, curled her tongue into the 'black beauty', and rolled it under her lip. First son was born with nicotine withdrawals.

'Real' (serious) chew is "blackbull". That stuff is straight fire cured twist tobacco mixed with the ashes of the shelf mushrooms which grown on birches, alder and other trees locally. The ash opens the skin inside the lip so that there is nearly 100% passage of the nicotine in the leaf. (You chop it all up together by uluaq or coffee grinder, add some moisture: coffee, tea, ....let an old lady pre-chew it, and then keep some handy in a small ziplock or snuff tin.....if you want to try this at home). Blackbull seems to be especially favored among the females.

grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.