Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Sadly, I can relate too well. I sometimes wonder if the AST is simply continuing along the same lines as the Catholic hierarchy did with priests back in the 50s-60s-70s-80s: sending their defectives out to the bush.

Except the Troopers are going after the elderly and younger members of our family, while the church affected those who are now in the middle. Money fixes none of it, and time is never paid back.

(Nome has some good, but they also harbor some human waste. UNK has Branch - who was part of the pair that made statewide news a few years ago when they were videoed tossing the Native gal around in her own home in Kodiak.)

Rural Alaska life doesn't need help from 'good' people in order to be challenging.

The troopers are worthless, I recently witnessed one tell a 10 year old kid and his 13 year old sister who had been badly beaten by their drunken uncle to “not be so argumentative” with their uncle.

(Step)daughter does have an admitted smart mouth at times, but at least she had the balls to ask Branch, when she was arrested on a bench warrant in November a couple years ago, why she was being arrested for an issue that had been paid and covered for four months previous. Rather than, perhaps, checking to see what she was talking about, he rushed her off to Nome for an overnighter at the Correctional Center. Judge wasn't much impressed by the AST performance when she appeared the next morning.

These's more, but chartering a plane this summer because they heard that 'someone' (me) had been heard on the VHF commenting about "perhaps a capsized boat up on the beach" without bothering to check with the source first....... but never showing up to investigate arson or make more effort to figure out a local murder where a young gal had her hair chopped off and was tossed over a bluff onto the beach below.......SMH

I am still stupid enough to generally hold law enforcement in high regard....... but it's pretty sad when they who should be eminently trustworthy are not trusted, and I don't.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 12/24/18.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.