Originally Posted by Rhettsker
Originally Posted by ingwe
Form- couple good posts!

I agree on most points, though I do love me some monos in the little guns....however on the damage subject I did use the Nosler 64 BSB on a couple deer and considered the damage to be excessive, so quit using them. The monos do indeed leave smaller wounds channels. In the dozens of deer Ive killed and butchered, most looked like they had been killed with a drill ...but if that wound channel is in the right place, Ive had excellent results.
Had good results with the old 55 grain Trophy Bonded,and am getting some good results with the 55 Gr. speer Gold Dot.

Ingwe, Form, and others,

With the monos and the .22 CF calibers, do you tend to alter your shot placement (e.g. aim for the shoulder bones, etc) or possible use only head/neck shots. In other words, what is preferred shot placement with the monos in a 22 caliber? Also, do you differ shot placement depending upon whether using a mono vs. a bonded bullet?

Thanks much and great topic,
R

Speaking solely for myself I dont alter the shot placement with either monos or Bonded bullets...have not found a need. If a weird angle or shot presents itself and no other is available, I'll take it...just as I would with any other larger centerfire...though I must admit that rarely happens ( cant remember when it did....)

On those occasions when Ive used conventional cup and core bullets...I have been really picky about my shots, but still go for the heart/lungs....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe