Interesting discussion. I'll put my $.02 in based on my experience.....

I've killed several deer with the 62TTXS and I can't force myself not to shoot shoulders with them. In wooded areas (or field edges where they may hit the woods) the thought of the lack of/smaller blood trail with the mono's keep me shooting for shoulders. They've worked well there.

I've used the 62 grain Fusion factory load on a few deer, mainly through lungs and it's worked well. Have done the same with the speer 70 grain semi-spitzer (I like this one on lungs a shorter range). I didn't see as much damage as Form has shown in his pictures but nothing was hit but ribs/lungs (223/223AI speeds at 100 yards or less).

I've yet to get the courage to try a 75 Amax on deer. I had a bad experience with them on a coyote that I can't get around. ~125 yard shot on coyote in an open field. Load was a 223AI fireform load so it wasn't pushing a high velocity. Aim for shoulder, shoot, yote hits the ground and starts screaming and going crazy on the ground. It's open ground between us so I try to put another into it's chest (from the underside) as it's lying on it's side. Still going crazy after the shot. Hustle over and put one through the ribs at close range to end it. First shot blew up on the shoulder, massive entry but very little penetration. Second shot blew up on the underside of the chest but this one hit a leg on the way to it....looked like little to no penetration. I've used the 75 amax on enough coyote's before and after that episode that I know it was a fluke....but it still happened. I know enough people have used them that they will work on deer but in this case, if it couldn't completely penetrate a 4" wide coyote I'd hate to think about the rodeo that would have occurred if it had been a deer. I know it was a fluke.....I keep telling myself it will be ok, give it a shot, but I just can't do it.