Originally Posted by Mule Deer
jorge,

Some rifles will put various weight bullets in the same group, especially in certain chamberings. My pre-'64 Model 70 .300 H&H do not, and neither did either of my other .300 H&H's, one a custom rifle on the post-'64 Model 70 "classic" action, and a Ruger No. 1B.

To ask a rifle to do this, is asking a lot considering how many different bullet weights there are in the 30 caliber you have to choose from. However, to get a rifle to shoot the 180's and 200's into the same poi, that can be done. I was at the range last month testing one of my new rifles and this is how it did with both 178 grain match bullets and the 200 grain partition:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

These ^^^^^^^^^are different charge wts too, as I was looking for a good load for this rifle. It is not finicky at all...

Here's where it put the load my other m1917 likes:
[Linked Image]

Oddly enough, that's exactly where my m1917 puts them too. Who wouldu thunk that?? whistle
[Linked Image]

So what do you do, when 2 rifles shoot to the same poi? Ha ha...

Don't make me dig up a target pic from my pre 64 fwt 30-06 and this load... That could be 3 rifles shooting to the same poi... Just the way I like them.. wink Oh, by the way, I tried some old Norma 130 gr. factory loads that I picked up at a LGS for $10.00/box and we don't even want to go there on where they hit the target.. eek . Lets just say, not the same POI... You probably already guessed that though..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA