I have limited experience of 2 animals. Shooting an H&R single shot, 12 twist with 60 grain partitions at 3150. ( too hot, I know. I accidentally mixed up my data with 5.56. Had to back this off later) I shot a doe at 150 yards, broadside. found one piece of hair. followed the best we could with no snow and hard grassy ground. Looked for a body for 3 hours, had to get home for work and school. Went back the next week and found it dead 120 yards from the shot. nickel sized hole through the ribs.
My daughter used the same rig, toned down to 2950 and shot a doe on the shoulder at 100 yards. Same result. No hair, no blood, no track. Never found. Im sure it was dead by its body reaction and I heard the bullet hit it. Frustrating since I know the round is capable. I decided to try again with snow on the ground and never got to it. I have a 8 twist bolt gun that is begging for 62 swift scirocco loads, but havent gotten there yet. I switched my daughter to a 450 bushmaster for various reasons and she laid down 2 last year and 6 this year with no losses. the bushy hurts them bad. Very large reaction from the deer when hit and huge blood trails. its hard to grab anything else out the gun safe when the bushy is so devastating and my 338 RUM is just plain hell on them at any distance I can shoot.

Salmonhead