I've said it before,....this forum represents a fairly narrow demographic,..basically, age 55+ traditional conservatives.

That's only one group of the people who turned out to vote for Trump in 2016. I'm a part of that age demographic, but although I'm still on the right, I'm no longer a traditional conservative.

Those age 55+ Tradcons will vote for any nominee the RNC throws out there. They would have voted for Jeb! and been perfectly happy with him,..and they will vote for Trump in 2020.

But most of them are mistaken in their belief that everybody who voted for Trump is a traditional conservative. Many people on the right who voted for Trump would have stayed home if Jeb! had been the GOP nominee.

As far as many of those people are concerned, Trump has turned into Jeb!. Some will still turn out to vote for Trump. Some will sleep late,..and,...the margin of victory for Trump was so small in 2016, (against a candidate as weak as Hillary) that he can't afford for many of those non Tradcon people to stay home on election day. Yet he keeps crowing about increasing the number of legal immigrants.

He loses votes every time he says that. But he won't shut up about it.