Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by JamesJr
......pizzed away a very good chance to actually make America great again by constantly fighting with and belittling the people he needed on his side in the Republican Party, when they controlled both the House and the Senate. Yes....some of those people didn't like Trump to begin with, but he made matters worse by constantly tweeting and running down those he didn't like.

If the GOP really wanted to MAGA, Trump calling them names wouldn't have stopped them.

Maybe so, but I don't think Trump made an effort early on to see that they did. He knew he wasn't well liked, and while I don't think that was necessarily a bad thing, he could have laid off his constant tweeting about the people that rubbed him the wrong way.

To me, Trump's tweeting is a completely superficial aspect of his behavior/performance. I know there's a ton of folks here whose eyes roll up in their head and start speaking in tongues every time he tweets. It's just a non-issue to me. I just can't believe the back-stabbing philistine sociopaths pretending to be Republicans in Congress GAS about it either. They had two years to smother illegal immigration and did nothing. I just can't believe they were right on the verge of doing that and then said, "Well, gosh, if you're going to be mean to me I'll just let 60 million mexicans come here and collect welfare to show you".

I just can't imagine the cause and effect. I guess another way to say what I'm getting at is, if they really wanted to do it, they didn't even need Trump to get the ball rolling. They could have ignored him and handed him a bill to sign.

Last edited by RufusG; 03/17/19.