I get what old willys is saying. Understand totally. Like another poster said,I'll take the whole season off work anyway,so the opener isn't that big a deal to me. I do think it's silly without the addition of Sunday hunting. Would have seemed a better fit. At any rate. A mouth piece for the PGC at the Harrisburg show said they caught so much crap over Sunday hunting,and the semi auto debate, both are off the table indefinitely.

I think folks my age are just remembering all the good times they had over the last 40 or 50 years. Traditions. Camps. Ho!idays. All of it. There is a pretty strong "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" sentiment among people my age. I hunt Sat and Sunday in Colorado. Season opens and runs the requisite number of days. I really don't even think about it. It just the way they do it. I'll do what ever the law allows here as well. I do however, think sportsmen should have a vote. No a poll. A vote. Let the majority rule. I'm going to hunt. Here or somewhere else. Ain't America great?

Last edited by Otter6; 04/21/19.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."