Originally Posted by battue
Campaign enough and the majority may vote for Wednesday next year and a few years later Tuesday. Then what.

I see Old-willies point. Mine is the tradition left the Nothwoods a long time ago. Nor are any saying you can’t go to camp the way you always have. The big unspoken worry is someone may have shot your Deer on Saturday wink

I made that point a few pages ago.

To clarify my other post. Dont play cards and drink all night then post!
We quit hunting squirrel because we dont eat them and they smell like hell when you clean them. I agree fun as gell to shoot but if we arent going to eat them, we arent shooting them.
Personally never got into fall Turkey hunting, my first bird was a hen in the fall I happened across 25 years ago. Si cr then all spring gobblers.
We love grouse hunting, it was our favorite late season hunt. Always went to camp after Christmas with the guys. Now we just go to play cards.

I just didnt agree with the arguement that guys had to lose a day of small game to hunt deer on the new opener.

I will say it again. 3 of my family members could not hunt the Monday opener due to college or work issues. Now my dad, my wife and my daughter can get in the woods on opening day. Maybe I'm being selfish but that's good enough for me.

Hunt...