Originally Posted by RickyD
[quote=nighthawk]Sure, it's what the concept has been taken to mean. Look at this thread, a good part of the posts effectively say if it's not in the Bible it don't mean squat. I think John is advising us to be open to teachings not in the Bible.

Above quote from NK.

I dont think John is telling us to be open to the teachings of mortal men who presume to have a special inside track to Him and add to what He said or contradict what He said in the Bible.

You are saying He told us one thing in the Bible and whispers something else in the popes ear. IOW, your telling us God lied to us in the Bible.

God said He was the same yesterday today and tomorrow. Youre calling Him a liar and saying He isnt the same all the time.

He said dont add to or subtract from the Bible or youre in danger. Youre calling Him a liar and saying its ok.

He said call no one else on earth father and you and Satan are calling Him a liar and saying its ok.

He also said you would try to justify your sin and He didnt lie. You tried to justify your sin.

When you tell your little kid not to cross the street and they did and they tell you a sucker in a white robe came along and told them the sucker said he knew you and you didnt mean it and its ok and the kid did what would you say?

Thats what Eve did in the Garden of Eden.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/17/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin