Originally Posted by elelbean

Seems Electrical is mentioned A LOT here. Does anyone know anything about those 2 year college degrees where you become an "Engineering Technologist?"

I know about the program that was offered at my community college. It was basically a 4 year degree with all of the crap eliminated. *Very* mathematics oriented. Nobody got out of it in 2 years because the math classes were so intensive that you could only take a few classes per semester. Nobody finished in less than 3 years and most took 3.5 or 4 to get through it.

Basically, it was all of the tough classes condensed into a "2" year degree. Also, they knocked the number of credit hours down on many of the classes to keep the degree down to the generally required 55 or so credit hours,..even though it contained many more classes than most of the 2 year programs.

I don't know how it is elsewhere, but it didn't make any sense to take the 2 year mechanical engineering degree where I attended. It was just as tough as a BS degree without the benefit of having a BS degree.