Originally Posted by chefcreed
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
[quote=chefcreed]Is the 6X a viable hunting scope for coyotes and pigs?

Not only is it viable; but, in my opinion, it is almost perfect, with one exception. When your eyes start going down hill. Then, you can switch to the 10X and then you're cooking with fire.
[/quote

Well unfortunately at almost 46 my eyes are heading that way especially in low light. Would the 10X be better? Having never used a fixed scope the thought process is that it will allow for quick reaction and ranging on coyotes and pigs that are on the move, anywhere from 50-300 yards. I will do some target shooting with it but mostly hunting.

Somehow you edited my quote and the other guy's quote. So, to answer your question and put my answer in contect, here are the two you intended to quote chefcreed:
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by chefcreed
Is the 6X a viable hunting scope for coyotes and pigs?

Not only is it viable; but, in my opinion, it is almost perfect, with one exception. When your eyes start going down hill. Then, you can switch to the 10X and then you're cooking with fire.

Having re-posted that, the answer is, yes, the 10X would be and is better for those of us with diminishing eyesight. The subtensions appear larger and thus the reticle is larger and therefore more usable. It is, in essence, the same thing with a larger font to put it in the common vernacular. Field of view is slightly smaller. However, you just don't notice it and you have the same reticle in a more usable and "readable" format. Because of field of view being smaller, it will not be as quick to acquire a moving target as would the 6x; but, it works and works well.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ