Originally Posted by Remington280
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
I think the glass in the SS classics is fine also, I’ve used a 1-4 and 3-15 quite a bit. Recently acquired a 6x and 10x, haven’t used them much but I don’t think the glass quality will be a problem

I’d offer to sell you my 3-15x40 but with the sales getting better and better the scopes hold very little value. They hit the door step and loose a larger % of Value than a new car.
If a guy buys a SS classic he should plan on keeping it as it’s not going to bring crap for resale.

That said the SS HD 3-9 intrigues me and they seem to hold their value, don’t seem to sale second hand often and sell quickly when offered.

I like the 3-9 for sure, I have 3 of those at the moment.

You’re right about the sales affecting value, the BF price has dictated used value year round for several years now (at least in the world on online rifle forum classifieds) As long as you buy at sales price you can usually come out fine flipping SS scopes, full retail no way. I actually have it worse than most of you fellas, I have to pay 8.25% sales tax at SWFA. So I’ve bought more of these used on classifieds than new

But it looks like some SS scopes may be priced lower than ever this go around..

For those that have the 3-9, how you rate the glass and eye relief on 9 power. I also hunt where I need great glass , most of the deer come out and feed 30 mins before dark and bucks come out 15 mins before dark.

It tracks. Who cares ? : )

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]