Originally Posted by joshf303
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Originally Posted by fredIII
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Ss 3-15 for $400 vs bushy LRTS from Doug for my CTR 6.5...decisions, decisions....

That’s an easy choice call Doug.

I’d go LRHS over the 3-15... but on a hunting rig, the 3-9 is easily the best choice there.

No zero stop I’m not interested. Get to excited to worry about finding zero in the heat of a good deer chase.

There are scope specific shims available for the fixed Xs and each variable, and they ain’t water hose gaskets. Even you could make them work Furd....grin...

With that being said.... the 3-15 is my least favorite of the variable power SWFAs. I’ve been running another one the last 3-4 weeks on the 6.5 PRC and while it’s performed with ZERO issues it doesn’t offer up what I can get in the SHV, LRHS, or ATACR in similar Xs. The SWFA just loses me at 11/12 power...granted it’s less coin.

3-9 is a PEACH.

I have a 3-9 on said rifle right now,, am considering whether I need (want) something with more Xs to use for fun next spring. $400 is pretty dang cheap for an SS 3-15 ffp.

But last time I tried the 3-15 I did have brass deflection Off the windage knob problems on a tikka with low mounts, so not sold on one just yet
I like the 3-9 quite a bit, especially for $450.