Originally Posted by Wrongside
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Originally Posted by Wrongside
Have you tried weighing without the sunshade and throw lever? So it's setup more like the SS 3-9?

Good call here, by the way. I wasn't thinking of sunshade/throw lever when I originally commented losing 8 ounces. Not exactly a fair comparision there.

I like to keep it real, so thanks for that heads up.

Like I said, both are excellent scopes. I agree, zero stop certainly isn't a bad thing as well. I have no issue with the added features the LRTS has over the SWFA. I'm just surprised at how much I like the SWFA HD and how great it is optically. I didn't expect what I got with it.

H*LL of a deal at $449

Gotta respect that. 'Keeping it real' is all too rare these days. Especially on the Innanet! wink

I agree with most of the comments you'd made, the weight thing just jumped out at me a little is all. I've thought about it a little more since my earlier posts- almost all of my experience with the 3-12 Bushys is with the LRHS line. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the LRTS- with its larger windage knob and maybe mag ring- is a few ounces heavier than the LRHS, even with the sunshade, etc removed. So somewhere in the middle of the ranges we were both saying.

As you mentioned tho, an ounce or two hardly matters with scopes like these. Any of them are a great choice, and fantastic value. The SWFA SS line is pretty hard to beat, especially for what they sell them for. I really like the MQ, prefer it over the G3 for a hunting rifle, but like the G2H more than either of them in a FFP hunting scope. However, with the LRHS discontinued, my next rifle will very likely have a SS 3-9 on top.

10-4.....
It's nice to have a few scopes that actually can be trusted to work everytime with hard use. I'm pretty easy on my gear, but nice to know it's up for abuse.
Shot the fieldcraft 243 tonight with some fed blue box 100gr and the SWFA 3-9x on top. Now that its mounted on a rifle, rather than a tripod, I like the scope even more.
Fieldcraft is a keeper too.....

Not bad for only having two boxes shells through it so far. 1/2 MOA with factory loads when I can keep it from "bucking" too much. I've not gotten a group over MOA yet. Great rifle here.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by screaminweasil; 12/09/19.