Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Well, apparently I've over-explained. The 10X Mil Quad reticle is bigger and much easier to see and use than is the 6X Mil Quad reticle. Even a few years ago when I still had better than 20/20 eyesight, that was true.

If you do all of your typing completely outside of the last "[quote]" you won't be a) misquoting people; and b) it will appear as it does when others quote posts. As a matter of fact when you select the "quote" button, your cursor will be located exactly where necessary to type outside of someone else's quote. Just a helpful tip.

Given a reticle subtension in the 10x of 0.05 MRAD and 0.07 MRAD for the 6x, the apparent relative reticle size between the two scopes is a simple calculation:

Size10x/Size6x = 10x/6x * 0.05 MRAD/0.07 MRAD = 1.19

So the reticle in the 10x appears 1.19x larger than the reticle in the 6x. But there are other factors involved, like the 10x having hollow diamonds that are solid in the 6x, making the reticle in the 6x appear bolder. All things considered, the reticle in the 10x appears slightly more visible to me in good light, but the reticle in the 6x is a bit easier for me to see in poor light. This could have something to do with the smaller exit pupil in the 10x.