After comparing the 3-9x42 HD to several other "higher end/mid grade" scopes I have laying around the last few days on my scope comparing tripod...............for my eyes, the 3-9x42 SWFA punches WAY, WAY, above it's price. Even at the original $599 it's a H#LL of a scope.

If your on the fence and like a scope with great depth of field or "contrast", this scope will NOT dissappoint.

So, I now will have 4 of these 3-9x42 HD SWFA scopes. I need to do some more comparing with the LRTS 3-12's I have, however, I think I like the 3-9x42 HD better.

My eyes really appreciate depth of field/contrast, I don't particularly care for a "flat image", even if it's crystal clear..............that's probably why I wasn't impressed with the Tract Toric 2-10(not to mention the tunnel vision/tiny field of view in the TRACT).

I compared the SWFA HD 3-9x42 to my "old favorite" 4.5-14x44 Meopro, and prefer the SWFA. It has the same depth of field/contrast as the Vortex Viper HD LH 1.5-8x32 scopes that I love (directly compared on a rainy day this morning). The SWFA is "brighter" with white colors (looking at a picket fence)...........the Vortex Razor HD LH and SWFA 3-9 are virtually indestiguishable from each other, except white colors "popped" more with the SWFA.

Incredible scopes.............but, everyone has different eyes, and different preference for what they prefer to view......resolution vs contrast. The SWFA is excellent in both regards. My eyes prefer contrast/depth of field............guess that's why the sightron Big Sky models, Meopros, Razor HD LH, and now this SWFA HD really make me smile.

Get One..............or MORE!!

I ordered my 4th yesterday afternoon before they showed "Backorder"..........I don't like waiting for things, so I hope I snuck in before they went out of stock. SWFA's inventory/website hasn't always been the most accurate in my experience.
I have 30mm Fieldcraft rings that are supposedly backordered, even though they say in stock.

Last edited by screaminweasil; 12/08/19.