Originally Posted by JGRaider
While I appreciate the virtues of the SWFA's, and all the man-love going on around here for them, in my side by side comparisons the LRHS runs circles around the SWFA in every conceivable way (except for $$$ and weight), although I do prefer the MQ reticle. I'd spend the extra $$$ for the LRTS Doug has on sale every time.

It's nice to have options and I'm looking forward to comparing the 3 LRTS 3-12 models I have more directly with the SWFA HD 3-9.

Are you talking specifically about the 3-12 LRTS to the 3-9 HD SWFA? If so, how old is your SWFA?

You were one who sung praises about the Tract Toric, while I thought it was rubbish..............

Several people told me the Tract Toric, even the mid grade Tekoa was "better" in all regards to a Meopta Meopro................no way in Hell.......not to my eyes.

Doesn't matter, but it's evident some of us clearly have very different eyeballs and preferences.

It also helps to put them on a scope comparing tripod..............or a playground pole with a "c-clamp" down in Utah wink

You can't just look at one and then the other, even minutes apart. That's why the eye doctor flips through lenses back and forth quickly, asking "which one is better, 1 or 2?"

Eyes play tricks and our memories won't allow us to "compare" optics truly, unless we are cycling back and forth between scopes as quickly as possible.

And, I may very well agree the LRTS is better optically, though at this point I'm not convinced. But, "run circles around" is rubbish.............

Last edited by screaminweasil; 12/08/19.