Originally Posted by Musicianized
Yeah I'll pass but appreciate the offer. I'm already sold on a mil reticle after reading up on it. 6x as a low is a little high for me though and I'll use that $200 on a forever scope for this xbolt.

You can get a lot done with 6x and a MQ reticle. And maybe more, than what you think you can. Big game up close is no sweat. In fact, I use a 6x MQ on my 10/22 for sage rats. Have shot them as close 10 yards. And a 6x MQ is sufficient for 12" steel plates at 600 yards.

That covers a lot of ground, and a lot of uses. And there are huge side benefits to the fixed 6x. For some, they won't get caught with the wrong magnification by surprise. Not a big deal to many, but I know multiple people who lost a shot opportunity by having their scope set on too high of a magnification.

More important to me is the fact that you can more easily see your impacts, and misses, with lower magnification. The 6x strikes a good balance of "enough magnification to aim" and "ability to spot shots".

Second is parallax. The 6x MQ is very forgiving in this regard, especially from field positions. Don't underestimate this, as I've seen people chase their tails.

I totally understand the "buy once, cry once" thinking. Lot of merit in that thought process. But you went from, "Nah I don't want a mil reticle" earlier in this thread to, "I'm already sold on a mil reticle after reading up on it." A small investment in a SWFA Classic would be money well spent. Then, once you figure out what you like by hands-on experience, and not just reading about it, you can make an informed decision. You won't lose much money on the SWFA and may decide to stick with it.

Jason