Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by renegade50
Dave Ramsey is Birdy,s Antichrist.....

You ain’t ever gonna be President of my fan club because we need someone good-looking.

Anyways, Dave Ramsay gives excellent advice for people who are reasonably sure they’re gonna be around in ten years, I’m a natural pessimist.

I got excellent credit, oughtta be able to qualify for a low interest loan, meaning we could actually get to use this vehicle while the kid still enjoy’s hanging out w/grandpa and/or her dad and stepmom without amortizing that much of an interest hit.

Currently close to half my take home goes against credit debt. That will be cleared before purchase of this vehicle. From that purchase date, at my present level of spartan I can pay off the house in two years and that vehicle in four at the same time.

So five years from now paid off vehicle paid off house. That’s the plan. Been doing this four years now, ain’t got off track yet.

Short of death, more likely is increasing medical/dental expenses as I get older, these ain’t hit at all yet, not even a little bit (might be all that bicycle riding helps) but I would prefer to clear the decks re: vehicle and house before they do. Because sooner or later they’re gonna.

That’s the plan.

Of course every little bit is always plus but you might want to do a little research on interest rates as to how much difference they really make in a monthly payment.

Length of loan can make much more of a dollar difference in monthly payment and total interest paid.