Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by BC30cal
alpinecrick;

Prices of repairs these days, as you've noted, are nothing less than sobering - perhaps they lead one to want to be less than sober too for that matter. For instance personally, my cost on getting my trailer plug working on the left signal was a cool $1400CDN - and I sourced the very last signal module available in western Canada for a 2003 2500 Dodge to do that.

Holy Cow! Was that part replacing a defective factory part, or were you adding something on to the trailer wiring? Generally parts for 2003 vintage trucks are not too expensive (engine/transmission parts for turbo diesels notwithstanding).

alpinecrick;
Good evening to you sir, thanks for the reply.

While I could have patched into the left turn signal itself to give the rear trailer signal power I didn't want to start patching in wiring as the rest of the truck is pretty clean and doesn't have 100,000 miles on it yet.

The factory setup had a built in set of relays which supplied power to the trailer plug and one can't replace one relay on it - one has to replace the entire unit.

If it wasn't something I've had for more than a decade and hope to keep for sometime into the future, I wouldn't have sunk that kind of money into it. However it is both and I sorta like having the trailer lights working properly here in the BC mountains, you know?

Hopefully that made sense even if my decision to fix it doesn't! laugh

All the best to you again as we head into longer days sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"