Originally Posted by saddlesore
So it's ok to say "what the hell,let the older people die" ? Instead of dying peacefully, it is ok to let them go out struggling for breath. I guess the same ones saying this says it is ok to kill the babies in late term abortions..I mean they are going to die some time right .There are some cruel hearted SOB"s in this world that is for sure
No doubt there are some cruel hearted people in the world - always has been the case. But, IMHO your comments are short-sighted or borne from ignorance - or maybe both. I am quite old even though not yet 87 and have enjoyed a wonderful life, career, family, friends and most of what a fellow could do out in nature. Also have climbed back from two serious health situations and know I soon will die from something like that or similar - and most likely, as you put it, "go out struggling for breath." I am reconciled with the reality and so, yes, it is OK to say "let the older people die" because we certainly will and nothing over-arching can or will be done to change that. Contrary to your guess, I celebrate the glory and sanctity of life, believe that abortion is dead wrong and sinful, and wish the best for others. From this vantage point, some handling of the current situation is ridiculous and wrong. But then, I'm old.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron