Well, I was motivated by another thread to buy a set of flip up/back up iron sights for one of my rifles. I'll be using that rifle for a little informal match shooting here in my area. The sights I ended up buying are the Ultradyne C4 flip up sights. These are nice sights, but a little spendy. In the other thread, rost made the comment about "cheap" back up iron sights and how they are just about as useless as a Leupold rifle scope. Or something to that nature. It was a funny comment for sure, but I don't know how much water it carries. Maybe Jeff will explain a little more of what he meant by that comment. Anyway, I wanted to share these sights with you guys. I know some of you guys like keeping a set of back up irons on your rifles. These ones get pretty good reviews, but this is my take on them and the first day impression. I'll just show you guys with targets, since I like posting target pics. I'll also post pics of the rifle. The rifle I installed these sights on is my least accurate AR15 in the house, but its one I really could care less if I drilled some holes in the barrel and clamped a gas block on to the front end of it to hold the front sight. This rifle has never turned in a sub moa target on the black rifle challenge, it hovers right there above 1 moa all the time, but it is consistent. I keep hoping one day I'll find a good load the rifle likes: Meaning a load that it keeps all of its shots inside 1 moa consistently:

Gen 1 Noveske varmint with medium weight 20" stainless 1 in 8" twist 3 land barrel. Picture of rifle without Ultradyne sights:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Rifle with Ultradyne C4 flip up sights:

Here's the best target it turned in today. With a score of 100-5X... I also believe that group was the smallest as well, at 1.285"...:
This was after a final 1 click up and 1 click to the left adjustment (if I remember right). I was starting to lose daylight, as it was around 7:30 P.M when I started wrapping things up. I look forward to shooting this rifle with these sights more when the weather is better and when there is more daylight....

I forgot to mention, I ordered these sights with the smallest rear aperature (.050") and an 8 MOA front aperature. You can buy more sizes of aperatures for both the front and rear sights and even a post for the front, if you don't like the globe type front sight pin... I prefer the holes on both sights. Like rost said in the other thread, it is almost like cheating when you use this style of sight on a round target. Of course, it works out best if you match the front aperature with the size of bulls eye you are going to be shooting at. After that, it is pretty simple.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA