Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S
Man WSR are hard to find, I’m down to 500 of them.. but looks like cci 400 are my new favorite but I’m running low on them too lol. Those cci 41 are the same primer as the cci 450. Just marketing gimmick.. far as the cci sr br and cci 400 i haven’t seen anything twsl difference I will stick with $36 for a 1k versus $60 for 1K

Thanks buddy. It was funny the other day, I was testing some primers and different cases, it turned out I got better accuracy from the CCI 400 and R-P brass, but that is likely because of a slightly different pressure change due to the thickness of the brass. I went to Cabela's and sportsman's yesterday and no luck finding any good primers. Good thing I have a few left. I did, however, pick up a box of 500 69gr SMK's to load up for next saturday..I'll be running my Northtech defense and the iron sight Noveske. One of the guys from Vancouver wants to do a "speed shoot", so I got the timer out to see how quick I could get 10 shots downrange and still maintain a 100 for score and it was right at 11.4-12.6 seconds... He considers 60 seconds a "speed shoot" course of fire. I'm going to suggest we shoot our 10 shots in 15 seconds.. To me that is more along the lines of a fast course of fire.. If you can't keep them all in the 10 ring in 15 seconds or quicker, you might as well take up golf..

Rapid fire in the NRA or CMP rules is pretty fun, you get 60 seconds if you are shooting in the sitting position and 70 if you shoot in the prone. Both are done shooting with a sling and a mag change.. That’s a true “speed shoot” and if using CMP rules you start from standing position with 2rd magazine inserted, bolt closed on empty chamber. NRA rules pretty much the same. Time starts when they say targets up. Same command are giving at reduced yardage matches..

Went out today and almost busted MOA's balls with the iron sight Noveske:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Northtech is ready for Saturday as well:

That's with the 69gr SMK load the Noveske likes. Averaged 100-9x and .937 moa. It does better with the 73 ELD match load...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA