Hey BSA...next time you're tempted to sell that AR, give a little thought to the idea of just rebarreling it. I'll betcha that would bring it into the sub-MOA realm.

Myself, I only have BUIS on our two house guns (my hunting ARs have no BUIS on them). Primary sights on these are Leupold Prismatics with illumination, which I selected because of the etched reticle in order to be free of dependence upon batteries. They work well and I do not expect a failure, but they are attached via QD mounts and can be easily removed. I did not spend a lot of money on the BUIS, just went with Guntech when I saw a sale on them. I think if my vision (and my wife's) was better I might have opted for something a little better, but there's the vision issue as well as the extremely low likelihood of ever being used. One thing I like about them is I can easily fit them with Trijicons, which I may or may not do.

My use for these guns is totally different so my perspective is completely different too, but I think it offers an opportunity to expand the discussion a little.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.