Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Know very little about current generation AR’s, what with all my experience with the M16 I’m somewhat baffled this would work so well. Were I to purchase a new one it would NEVER wear a scope.

I don't know anything about the old AR rifles either, but I remember hearing rost say that the good shooters could hold well under moa with iron sights. I've recently watched videos on the old Colt pre ban match rifles in the 20" HBAR configuration and was not impressed in the least by the accuracy I've seen. I've shot a Bushmaster match rifle, similar to what they used at camp perry alongside the Colt HBAR and that rifle was pretty impressive. It had a rear aperature, but heavy front post. Not precise as far as I'm concerned, but I did turn in some 1.5 moa targets that scored around 99 each time. This was with a rifle I was not familiar with and with my handloads. The rifle also weighed 14 pounds with lead weighing down the butt and forend of the rifle. Given those sights and these Ultradynes, I'd choose the Ultradynes. Check out the black rifle challenge, I believe I shot 3 better scores (1.31 MOA, 1.24 MOA and most recently 1.167 MOA) than rost did and he is no slouch of a shooter. Even though he says he's rusty... These "irons" have proven themselves to me, for repeatability and precision. I haven't had them long enough to know how rugged they are, but they are made of steel and seem to be pretty robust. Time will tell on that though..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA