I'm retired now, but work behind a gun counter for giggles. For the last month, it seems, I have had customers coming in, and remarking that they haven't seen our shelves so sparse. I tell them that they probably haven't heard about it, but lots of folks have been seeing groups of Norwegians on the evening news, burning and looting all the liberal run metropolitan areas in our country. That has led to people who had never thought of owning a firearm coming into gun shops across the United States and buying whatever they have heard or read is the best self defense firearm.

To illustrate the experience level of these customers, I give this example: White male comes into the shop and asks an associate if he has a "home defense 12 gauge". Associate replies "I have an 870 remington." Customer says, and I do not jest: "What is the difference between an 870 and a 12 gauge?"

I also have a customer who likes to quote Skeeter Skelton. Now, please don't take this as an attack on SS. I loved his writing too. BUT, this quote is dated. Customer likes to repeat: "If a man can't do his talking in 6 shots, he isn't expressing himself well enough" or some such. Every time he repeats that in front of my other customers, I always add on, "I am not lucky enough to know the size of the crowd I might be addressing, like Skeeter did."

In this day and time, you have to realize that you might well be faced with a score of adversaries. You must be prepared to deal with them.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis