Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I have been blessed to live in a community with near zero crime for a long time. I have had a carry permit for a couple decades and never really used it, just wanted the option. I've kept my hand gun in my home in case of a break in scenario. Even though I still have yet to see Operation Mayhem crime of "mobs" in my town, a friend and I have been practicing our "tactical shooting" on his acreage and I'm planning on carrying my M&P 9mm.

You are fortunate.
One good thing that might come of all these riots is that only bigger cities are dealing with it. And two, it gets us, especially me, off my unmotivated butt to train. I have to schedule it or it doesn't get done. Hopefully will be organized and in good shape to teach when school begins.

Weird thing is that the times I've had break ins were in low crime middle class neighborhoods. Always happened when least expected.

On the other hand,
As a boy there'd be Outlaw Pagans that would Park and party, blocking the nearby road to everyone but those living there and kids on minibikes. Break ins we're uncommon, but street violence was bad.