I already up-gunned my carry and vehicle firearms some years back.

OUT THE DOOR GUN
Am I going out the door of the house? Then this is with me. It will be a pocket carry because I may have to enter restricted areas and must leave it in my vehicle. If I carry something more effective, this may be a backup or it may stay in the vehicle.

Bereta 21A .22LR > Kel-Tec P32 .32ACP > S&W 638 .38spl

Usually have a reload. Nowadays that is a speed strip.

PREFERRED CARRY HANDGUN
Will I be able to belt carry? IWB/OWB/crossdraw/whatever. Then this is what I prefer. Can't make this happen 100% of the time, but I work at it.

AMT DAO Backup .45ACP with 1 relaod > Kel-Tec P-40 .40S&W and no reload > 1911 (Govt or LtWt Cdr .45ACP) with 2x reloads

Sometimes I will downgrade to a S&W 64 snubby or S&W 638 snubby on the belt with a reload, but not since the Fentanyl Floyd Foolishness began.

VEHICLE GUN
Almost always in the vehicle, unless vehicle goes somewhere firearms forbidden even inside vehicle.

Bupkis > Rem 870 12ga 18" bbl with sling, folding Knoxx Cop Stock, extended mag +2, and Streamlight TLR-1 (Plus claymore bag of 00 buck and slug reloads)

Shotgun with buck & slugs on hand makes the most sense where I live. I would choose a rifle were I more rural.

==========================

I made the most important self-defense decision some time back to buy in a decent neighborhood with "good schools" (supermajority white). And since marrying, I limit my travels through vibrant neighborhoods and ceased volunteer / mission work there completely. I owe it to may family to limit needless risks. The vibrants will have to manage without my aid.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers