Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Always have told my wife that if she was truly rich, as in megabucks, I'd have no problem being a kept man.

Of course, I'd likely do all I could to have a few places to stay outside this State.

One in AZ, one in MT, two in AK, maybe one in the Northeast. A man can't hunt western game only you know.

I've had this discussion with buds over the years. My answer hasn't changed. Put her coin in a trust for the kids for college, or toys. Pride is a hard thing, but necessary IMHO.

Luckily (or not?) ain't been an issue here. One pot everything goes into. Lean or fat still one pot. If she won't live with me on what I make then she isn't worth having.

I wouldn't be able to be a kept man living off someone else's funds. Just doesn't sit well.

BGG,

if, in the course of life, you ran into a gal who was "independently wealthy" and you two got together, you would ask her to put all her money in a trust for the kids (we don't have that issue, both in our 40s when we met) and then ask her to live on what you make? Even if she asked you to move in with her in her mansion if S FL (you could visit 'flave there!) for part of the year and live in a nice "cabin" in MT during hunting season?

The first few years together we struggled some, then I got the good job, paid for the higher ticket items like health insurance, getting cars repaired, down payment on our first new car together. Eventually her career caught up and passed mine and she took over some of that stuff.

We both agreed, if we ever hit the PowerBall for big bucks though, we'd take jobs or volunteer with things we really enjoyed and help our siblings and such. Money is to enjoy.........................after the bills are paid that is!

I shall answer this, I am married to my wife and what is mine is her's...and vice versa.

Unless the wife in question is a bitch in which case what is her's is mine and what is mine is my own.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.