Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by tjm10025

She'll be on a team for how long until she transfers out to another kind of duty? Any estimates?

Time on an ODA can vary, if the Team Sergeant thinks you don't fit in you can be sent down the hallway the day you arrive. Sometimes it's luck of the draw and you end up down at Commo detachment or up in S3 as your first assignment in Group which no real SF guy wants to happen.

Basically though you'll probably get 2-4 years on an ODA before having to do B-Team, staff or an instructor slot back at Bragg. If you piss the Team Sgt or SGM off it could be a lot less. That's when you end up doing some job like liasion down at Ft Polk for JRTC or something. People do get their tab revoked, but they generally have to stomp all over their crank for that to happen. I can think of 3 that I saw it happen too.

Ranger Regiment has it right in that regard, if someone messes up they can cut orders and send them down the road to the nearest infantry unit pretty much immediately.

Or banished to recruiting, we have a 18 series up herd world with 79R trying to recruit active duty for civil affairs, special forces, psyops

We had a SF E-7 Type in our company recruiting
Got banished to a one man station in Madawaska Maine.

Dude didnt get along with anyone.
Not a team player at all.
They intially assigned him to Augusta Station 6 man and station commander.

But he was able to put kids in boots in Madawaska.
Made E - 8 while in recruiting.
Kissed the ring became a 79R
Went to providence Company as a 1SG.

Every CMF and branch of the military has it's problem children.
You just gotta find places for em to go where they aint around peers, or soldiers and they do the least amount of damage.

The bad thing about is when they occupy a valid slot on your UMR
And cant get in another soldier in their place, cause said person is unoffically slotted elsewhere.

Rehab transfer schit.
CSM and LTC term.
Solid chapter types and incompentents.
Lots of sweeping under the rug stuff by higher.
I have actually gone and apoligized in advance to gaining 1sg,s informally about I tried to send schitbird down the road.
But BN and Bde think he is saveable and " rehab transfering" to you guys.
Sorry but I tried to send him to hometown usa and higher said no.

I hated that term.
Just say fugging toliet bowl flush/ pass the buck.....

Last edited by renegade50; 07/10/20.