Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MAC
A couple of years ago when a couple of females were trying to be the first through Ranger training the Army decreased the training for that entire class so they could make it through. That meant there were a number of Rangers going out that got an easier training regime than all the other Rangers. Both females washed out of the Rangers after they joined platoons because they no longer had the easy treatment. I wonder if the same thing may have happened here?

That is one thing I like about the Navy SEALs. They won't come out and say it is totally closed to females but they have said that females have to complete the exact same training as the men do. Every Navy SEAL has to pass several "performance drop tests" during the training and they don't know exactly when they will have to do them. They don't firmly schedule them, they just sort of fit it into the training cycle. One of the tests is a 14 mile open ocean swim. Another is 150 push-ups. Another one is 30 pull-ups, not chin-ups with the knuckles facing you, pull-ups and the pull-ups have to be straight up and down pulling the bar to the collarbone and going down to full extension. Every SEAL must complete these tests when given them and they only get one shot at it. There are some others too but those 3 will suffice for here. The world record for females for pull-ups is something like 24. Every man wearing a SEAL Trident can do 30 and no female will wear the Trident until they can do 30 as well.

None of those would have counted for the SEALs. They allow no swinging, no kicking and they must pull to the collerbone and return to a full dead hang. That's the record I am talking about.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!