Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I wasn't a Green Beret, or even a Navy SEAL.

I was a lowly Paramedic in central Georgia in the 1980s. One of the most conservative areas in America.
When I started in 1980 we were an all-male EMS. In 1985 we hired our first girl medic. Over the years we brought in a dozen girl medics, some part time some full time.
Half of these girls could not lift a stretcher. The average patient was considered to be 175 pounds. Stretcher weighed about 30 pounds. Half of the girls could not lift the stretcher with the average patient on board.

If you can't lift the stretcher, you are not a paramedic. You need to get a LPN degree and go work in the hospital. In there, when you get a heavy patient, you get four nurses, and maybe bring in a couple of big strong male orderlies, and you move the patient no big deal.
Several times, the medics were bringing the patient out of the house, the girl dropped the stretcher, and the guy had to reach over and grab the far rail, to keep the stretcher from falling to the ground, and the male medic injured his back and had to miss work for a month or two.

Nobody ever asked if the female was physically qualified to do the job. Nobody ever suggested that these weak-muscled girls should take weight training for six months or so, and then come back, and see if they could indeed lift the stretcher. The Feminists in Washington had declared that the female could do anything the male could do.
That was that. And this in a very conservative region.

I saw the standards dropped to accomodate females in the EMS profession, to the detriment of the good male medics, and to the detriment of the public.
It is not hard for me to imagine that standards would be dropped in the military, to accomodate females in the armed forces.

Let us not forget Kara Hultgreen, first female to fly an F 14 from a carrier. Just as good as any man, so said the Feminists in Washington. She did pretty well for a few months, until she crashed on a carrier landing and died.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kara_Hultgreen

Surprising to me that a guy can get on this forum and with a straight face assert that the female is equal to the man in such a rigorous task as being a Green Beret. We got a Feminist on board on the Campfire. Good God.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house