I tailor to the individual student...

The problem with most instructors is that come in with the preconceived notion that because it works for them it has to work for everybody...and that isn't only talking about guns, but about stance, grip, kind of sight, holster...

Most "instructors"(not) just let students keep shooting and shooting until they get it right....most never do. LE instructors, most of whom aren't much more than a range officer, just have an officer who fails qualification keep shooting time after time till they make it...why, because they have no clue how to analyze what the officer is doing wrong and show the officer how to correct it.

As to guns, between what I have and my friends will let me borrow, there isn't much one of my students can't try before they invest. I don't steer a person in any direction... The guns will disqualify themselves as too big, too small, too complicated, too much recoil and so on...

Just started last Saturday with two young couples two of whom are the children of two of my students from 15 years ago. They have already purchased their guns and made pretty sound choices...now it is up to me to optimize their choices...but they will learn the basics on a .22 revolver...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....