This post is directed at nobody in particular:

I've quietly watched this dumpster fire unfold, and the thing that makes me scratch my head is how folks refuse to look past the demeanor/social graces of others. Just focus on substance. You don't have to like 'flave, Blue, jwp, or ______ (fill in the blank), but if they have the skills and experience, don't just reject their quality input on the basis that you don't like their personality.

I've been all barfed up on gun issues on numerous occasions and have learned this above all else: If you're willing to admit that you might be wrong, and if you're willing to listen, guys here will fall all over themselves helping you out. Send a guy a PM; ask for some help; then just sit back and take notes. Absorb all that free wisdom.

I had an hour long phone call once with jwp about bonded bullets through various barriers and was stunned by the amount of actual, real-world testing the man has done. Bluedreaux has helped me pick shot timers, guns, and holsters. Oregon45 is still helping me in my search for a vintage Model 57 Smith. JiminIdaho is another one who simply takes the time to conduct real-world tests and writes thorough reports on his findings. CrimsonTide, Steelhead, MontanaMarine, Mackay Sagebrush, etc. etc., these are all men who if they say something is true, you can take it to the bank and write checks on it, regardless of whether you "get along" with them.

Honestly, the petty bickering saddens me. Here in the HANDGUNS forum we typically do better.

Last edited by Waders; 08/31/20. Reason: My writing is as bad as my shooting--I made a small edit for the sake of clarity.

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.