Blue...thank you for the time you took to describe exactly what you do...

And I am very sorry if I came across as "sanctimonious" but since leaving Texas where firearms training was taken seriously and had really good instructors, I have become very jaded because of what I have seen in this state as to LE training.

You make light of the NRA pre-instructor qualifier...there are many LE instructors in this state who if told to report to the range and do it cold would fail both the gun handling exercise and qualifier... Because an NRA Pistol instructor has to be able to deal with all types of firearms they don't just load and unload their own gun...when I ran it they would demonstrate with:
Semi-Auto:
SA
DA
DAO
Safe-Action

Revolver:
Two different makes

Single Action Revolver:
Original Colt style
New Ruger Transfer Bar Safety System

Most LEOs now don't even know what a revolver is...

And in this state at least that is better than the Police Standards and Training incoming per-instructor course qualifier...because there isn't one.

For many decades there was no incoming qualification...come in, do the course and bless you you are a firearms instructor. Then a new guy took over and instituted a pre-course qualifier...I believe passing was 90%. From what I was told 10-30% of the candidates were washed out every class before the first hour was up. And there was a standard to pass before graduation...no pass, no certificate. New commandant takes over a few years later...replaces the CI and puts someone else in and the next instructor class starts with.."well we know you all know how to shoot so there is no more pre-course qualification" and no exit qualifier either... I can't make his chit up...my imagination isn't that good... Things may have changed as a new commandant took over early this year..but I haven't heard anything different.

Again thank you for your time...it sounds like you are doing a great job and having a great time doing it...

And it's nice to know who I'm arguing with.

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....