Originally Posted by RJM
To Blue and JWP....not to get into it with you guys, again, but was just wondering...

Are you NRA certified instructors?

How many FORMAL certified classes have you been chief instructor for, done the classroom instruction or been on the line as an instructor...

Just wondering...Bob

Originally Posted by Triggernosis

No, we don't don't want to travel down that road - we can stop at "are you an NRA certified instructor?"

Originally Posted by RJM
That is the question...are you an NRA Certified Instructor...

Here goes, not that any of it will actually make any difference to you. I'm sure you'll have some arbitrary checkbox that I haven't checked that makes all the difference to you.

No, I'm not an NRA instructor. I looked up the course a few minutes ago (http://www.nrainstructors.org/Instr...24B57BFE0A018DDB1CE3Q/TCPistol061517.pdf). It looks like the 16 hour pistol instructor course requires a pre-qualification test. A USPSA "C" classification will suffice, or you have to accumulate 80 points on an evaluation....and you get 30 of those points by successfully loading and unloading. As I said earlier, it's humorous to find that as your litmus test.

As for your questions....

I'm a TCOLE certified instructor and firearms instructor and have been for over 15 years. I currently work as a full time firearms instructor for a large municipal police agency. I have received training in, and practically applied training in the field, as an EMT, in tactical medicine, precision rifle, mid-range carbine, basic and advanced SWAT courses, and I am instructor certified in active shooter response and less lethal munitions.

I am currently the lead instructor for, and developed the curriculum for, the department cadet and in-service pistol training program. I am also in charge of, and developed the curriculum for, our firearm instructor certification program.

Every year I am personally on the range for qualifications for over 1,000 officers. Every year I spend roughly 350 hours on the range assisting in instruction for over 300 students in shotgun and rifle courses.

I've graduated approximately 700 cadets from my (roughly) 60 hour pistol training program and then assisted in instructing them all in another (roughly) 50 hours of tactical training and hands on evaluation exercises.

And I've assisted in the development of the curriculum for, and personally instructed, approximately 1,000 officers in concealed carry.

I'm a Texas LTC instructor and conduct LTC, basic pistol, and church security courses on the side in addition to contracting with other local agencies to assist in their firearms training.

In addition to those basic training courses I also instruct many in-service pistol classes in advanced technique and transition to MRDS and have been contracted as the lead pistol instructor for a federal agency's annual training cycle.

In addition to this formal firearms instruction I am a Master class shooter in both the USPSA and IDPA and have multiple Grand Master classifications in Steel Challenge. Every year (pre-covid) I organize and host the largest law enforcement multigun match in the country and weekly steel challenge matches for approximately 40 shooters from April-September.

***ETA***

I realized in proof reading that I didn't actually answer this question.... We work 4-10s, so I'd estimate 150 classes per year, if you count a day as one class. Many of our courses are a week long.
Originally Posted by RJM

How many FORMAL certified classes have you been chief instructor for, done the classroom instruction or been on the line as an instructor...

So no, I'm not NRA certified.

But mastering the art of accurately firing a pistol and learning how to teach that skill to other people isn't something I dabble in. It's not something I almost did one time for some guy, or helped with a few times a year or on the weekends.

Shooting is essentially all I do. Every day I drive to work at a gun range. Standing on a range instructing people in firearms and their practical application in the field is what I do every day. I've conservatively estimated that I personally watch over 500,000 rounds a year fired on the range.

And none of that has to matter to you. But you can take your sanctimonious "what have you done" and shove it, because you're not the only guy around who's ever taught somebody how to shoot.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 08/29/20.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling