Originally Posted by szihn
My antelope buck for 2020. Nothing big, but it was a fun stalk. 1 shot with my old M1 and down he went. 237 yards, which is not hard to do with a good M1, but I had hoped to get real close like I have the last few years. He saw me, stood up from his bed in the sage and faced me trying to see what I was. So I was not getting any closer. I had to either let him go (almost did) or take the shot, but I have not been paid in a while and money is a bit tight so I though I better end the season so I didn't have to buy gas to drive over there again. I didn't get a tag for any area close to my home and had to drive about 110 miles to get to the area I drew. Maybe I should have let him go because the paycheck came today, but I didn't know it at the time (3 days ago ---- on Tuesday)

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]M1 2020 Buck 2 by .com/photos/156296479N08/]Steve Zihn, on [bleep]

My wife and I just finished eating his heart for dinner, which I missed. I tried to heart shoot him, but the bullet entered about 3" to the left of center and missed the heart. Didn't matter, and he fell instantly as the bullet went clear through him lengthwise.

Good work buddy, love the ol m 1. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.