Originally Posted by BuzzH
Next up "guiding" my nephews in Montana.

Youngest nephew first, shot this whitetail buck at 120 yards with my late grandfathers .243 and 100 grain nosler solid base bullets:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

While walking up this deer we cut 7 sets of elk tracks. I loaded the deer in my pack and decided to track the elk for a while...an hour and a half later we caught up to them. My nephew got a good rest and shot one of the cows, his first elk, from 362 yards with the same .243 and 100 grain solid base bullets. Not a bad couple hours of hunting for a 13 year old:

Oldest nephew got a few days off school so...

Found this buck which he shot with his 7-08 at 383 yards with a 120 grain ballistic tip...excellent shot and his best whitetail so far:

Took a day off from guiding my nephews, on my birthday, found this buck in a place I've hunted for 40 years with a rifle in my hand.

Nephew filled his b-tag on the last day:

Took off to hunt a friends place in Illinois after that, had a chance at a really good buck but had a little trouble with my muzzleloader. So on the last day of the hunt with a few minutes of legal light left, shot this buck. First time I've hunted that far east...by several hundred miles. I saw enough that I'll be going back...for sure.

Great season, BuzzH!