I put my heart and soul into killing this guy's pack leader this year, and today was my last chance. I have a personal vendetta and history with the Alpha male of this pack...He's a steer and a horse killer and distinctively dark colored, with that blunt nosed "look" mature males get. The pic is blurry but based on this guy's track size, I believe this is a younger wolf and not the one I really have been chasing. MFWP got involved (and maybe USDA), but were unsuccessful in totally ridding this pack.

I had the Alpha at 40 yards a few years ago while turkey hunting, and called both him and another into range of a friend of mine in 2018, when the "other" got whacked. I never saw them that day and purposefully had the guy I was with sit 3-400 yards downwind of where I was calling. I've caught glimpses of what I suspect was him (the Alpha) a few more times the last couple of years. I wouldn't doubt I have seen this guy in the picture, but can't confirm that. I did not get any pics of my nemesis nor actually see him this year...but saw his distinctive tracks so I am positive he is still alive.

In 2015 I messed up big time with a black member of his pack at 200 yards...couldn't positively ID it from a bear until it got into the trees.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Until next year......