Next up "guiding" my nephews in Montana.

Youngest nephew first, shot this whitetail buck at 120 yards with my late grandfathers .243 and 100 grain nosler solid base bullets:

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

While walking up this deer we cut 7 sets of elk tracks. I loaded the deer in my pack and decided to track the elk for a while...an hour and a half later we caught up to them. My nephew got a good rest and shot one of the cows, his first elk, from 362 yards with the same .243 and 100 grain solid base bullets. Not a bad couple hours of hunting for a 13 year old:

Oldest nephew got a few days off school so...

Found this buck which he shot with his 7-08 at 383 yards with a 120 grain ballistic tip...excellent shot and his best whitetail so far:

Took a day off from guiding my nephews, on my birthday, found this buck in a place I've hunted for 40 years with a rifle in my hand.

Nephew filled his b-tag on the last day:

Took off to hunt a friends place in Illinois after that, had a chance at a really good buck but had a little trouble with my muzzleloader. So on the last day of the hunt with a few minutes of legal light left, shot this buck. First time I've hunted that far east...by several hundred miles. I saw enough that I'll be going back...for sure.

Last edited by BuzzH; 12/15/20.