Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by efw
DC-determined speed limits are indeed just as stupid (or more so) than these supposed anti-COVID measures, which have been at the state and local level. DC ought to have no more authority to tell me how fast I can drive than they would to determine on what morning my trash is to be picked up.

Governing such a huge country from the capital is a fool’s errand; that’s why our system was designed with governors and mayors and state legislatures and city councils.

Joe Biden has said he’d force nation-wide lockdowns and mask mandates and the D party has condemned Trump for not doing the same.

Says it all.

So, STATE determined speed limits and STATE determined mask mandates are okay? Just give up, already.

They can be.

I’d suggest cities and local municipalities would be best equipped to make and explain such protocols since they’re closest to the people.

If you prefer being a subject vs the responsibility of citizenship there are many places where despots will do your thinking for you. Go there and be at peace; don’t ruin the last great experiment in freedom for the rest of us, please.